November 25, 2009

Neato

These are my kids. They're dressed up for the 50th anniversary of their elementary school. The assignment: come to school dressed in 50s getup... and this is what I came up with. Cate is wearing a home-made poodle skirt. If you look closely you'll see I actually DREW the poodle. Fancy, I know. Jackson's outfit was so much easier. Jeans and a white t-shirt. I resisted the urge to roll a pack of candy cigarettes up in his sleeve. I know he'd have been stopped about five feet inside the front door and asked to explain himself. Obviously he'd have no idea that was "cool" at the time, so I spared him the ordeal.
All in all I think I did a pretty good job. With a little help from the lady at the fabric store I created the entire look in one Sunday afternoon. I won't get hurt patting myself on the back though. It's the same exact sort of thing MY MOM would have done for me. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment