August 20, 2009

Things Done and Undone


My house is just like yours - messy on the days when you've found something more interesting to do... clean when you have the time and energy to go around picking up after everyone else. As summer wraps up I'm finding more and more that when the sun sets I've still got dishes to clean and clothes to wash. Bummer.


Today we went on a grand shopping spree - well I shouldn't say we - more like my children were taken on a grand shopping spree, getting some really cute clothes to wear as they enter the 4th and 1st grades.


I did benefit from a buy-three-get-one-free bargain my mom funded. Nice bowls, huh?



I also managed to make some yummy oatmeal raisin bars, that came in handy as we unpacked our bags and bags of treasures. Funny how hungry you can get while spending money!


Hope you're enjoying these last few days of glowing summer sunlight. Take it all in. Make it all matter... and if need be, let those dishes wait until tomorrow - or winter, which is practically the same thing here in Wisconsin!



1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the light through that pink cup!!!
    Looks like a very successful shopping trip. Hope the kids were cooperative! I had a heck of a time getting mine to try on pants! ;D

    ReplyDelete