August 19, 2009

Don't Stop Dreaming

My son is almost six. He is a big boy with even bigger dreams. The past day or so has been hard for many football fans in my state... one of the men we cheered for - for his love of the game and ours - is now out of retirement (again) and playing for a rival team. Brett Favre is a household word in my home. Jackson has been a fan his entire life. When you overhear my son practicing his 'play by play' he's either being Brett, or taking a hand-off from Brett... or is Brett's best friend, Donald Driver.
At any rate, Brett's name is about as good as mud today - but that's not stopped my boy from dreaming.


Because no matter what the media says...



No matter what new team his hero now plays for...


Jackson is still a boy who loves football...



And this boy's gonna play.

No comments:

Post a Comment