May 5, 2009

A New Day




It's a new day - time for a new blog format?  I'm just not the kind of girl who likes to keep things the same, I guess.  I see a blog somewhere else that I really love and I want to have that kind of blog... then a day or two later I see yet another blog that looks great and of course, want to change what I've just created.  It's strange really, because I'm not like that in real life.  My husband jokes that my personal life motto should be 'same, same, same' because that's the way I like it.  Predictable.  Safe. Really safe.  But I'm learning that in photography, being safe isn't going to get me the great shot.  What it's going to get me are photos that are fit for shoving into an album somewhere... but not photos that I'll want to showcase.  So, I'm taking some risks.  Shooting all in manual.  That's a big one for me.  Sometimes it's paying off, sometimes not, but at least it's not boring.  I went along on my daughter's 3rd grade field trip and shot the entire event in manual mode.  Some of the photos are really fun, some are just really dark, but I think I learned more than she did at the museum.  All in a day's work... a new day's work... 


1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh! Love this! the flowers, the look, the post processing. Carol!

    ReplyDelete