May 5, 2009

My Brew Crew

This year for my birthday the kids and Jason took me to one of my favorite things - a Milwaukee Brewers baseball game.  I couldn't have asked for a better day, lovely sunshine and smiles all around.  We headed to the ballpark nice and early to get a good spot to tailgate and set up camp.  The kids built a 'fort' in the van while Jason and I fired up the grill for brats and hotdogs. (what else would we eat!) The stadium roof was open and sunshine beamed in on the field and the icing on the cake... the Brewers won!  I'm loving my children at their current ages, eight and five.  They're old enough to go along on outings and be real troopers. Not a single complaint while we waited what seemed like forever for the parking lot to empty back on to the interstate... but young enough that their pure joy at being 
together as a family seeps through into all that they do.  I truly am a lucky woman, with beautiful kids and a loving husband.  Happy Birthday to me! 

2 comments:

  1. Caitlin looks so grown up with that haircut! Very cute!
    Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try as I might, I cannot stop the girl from growing up! Hope you're having a better day than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete