April 24, 2009

Smiles for Miles

I have spent a bit of time the last few weeks following the blog created by a woman from the midwest who has a baby who is very sick.  
Every day, several times a day, I've been checking in with this mom who is doing her very best to keep it together in the face of some daunting odds.  Her youngest son has a very serious heart condition and has been in the hospital for weeks, enduring procedures, needle pricks and surgeries and as of this morning, nothing has really changed.  I can read in her words that she's really frustrated and sad for her baby's situation.
Now, here's where there's something for all of us to learn.  Here are my kids, just yesterday, out at a park where I've been taking photos documenting the creation of my city's first universally accessible playground.  
My kids are happy and thankfully, healthy and I should let go all the frustrations and momentary disgressions and just be.  Just be with them and enjoy them and experience life with them because it's all so fragile and fleeting, isn't it?
My children are so wonderful at bringing me back to reality - where I should live more often - and helping me realize that life is today, now, this very moment... so smile!



1 comment:

  1. love these of your kids, good to hear your voice about them, too. they are so lucky to have a mom like you.

    ReplyDelete