March 30, 2009

Living the Dream

I'm very excited!  I've spent this very long... long winter doing a lot of work in an effort to get me a lot of work.  As a photographer, I mean.  I've been plenty busy rushing kids to the doctor and volunteering in school classrooms, which is all very important.  But a while ago I set out to see if I might make a thriving business out of my passion for photography.  I'll admit.  It's been slow.  That's to be expected, though, my first full winter out there.  No one knows my name, no one knows I'm here... so that's OK.  But I really want to make this work, so I've been doing the leg work the last few months, setting the stage for a more rewarding spring, summer and fall.  So, here's a little bit of what I've got going on.  I'm really thrilled to be part of a non-profit group looking out for the small businesses that make up Downtown Oconomowoc.  I'm volunteering for the organization working tirelessly to build the city's first universally accessible playground.  I'm on my way to offering SO many more choices through my website, like Christmas Cards and Birth Announcements and Senior Graduation Announcements... it's really cool!  I'm also proud to be the photographer involved with an awesome fundraising project at Nature Hill... one of Oconomowoc's two intermediate schools.  Stay tuned for more on that!  So, you can see, I've been a busy girl... but a great kind of busy.  The kind of busy that helps you ease your head down onto your pillow at night and know you've done a good job... the kind of job that just might let you live your life's dream after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment