May 29, 2011

Bright Sunshiny Day


Tomorrow is Memorial Day (you know, the unofficial start of summer) but in Wisconsin that means absolutely nothing.  Some years we've barely put away the shovels when Memorial Day arrives... tomorrow here it's supposed to be 90 degrees.  Don't let that high temperature fool you, though.  It's been a rather wretched spring here - I think twice last week we had highs in the 40's.  Yuck!  So, when I went to the store to buy materials for the shag pillows I planned to make - and keep - I chose this bright, cheery yellow.  My living room walls are a very pale yellow - and the room is filled with chocolate brown leather couches and red upholstered chairs, so I thought yellow was as good of a choice as any.  At least looking at them will remind me of what the sun is supposed to look like, even if I cannot see it in the sky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment