January 26, 2011

Protect Your Memories

Yesterday I learned that my wedding photographer passed away.  He was the husband of a woman I used to work with - and so my husband and I hired him not so much because we loved his work, but because he came highly recommended and I knew he'd do the best job possible for us.  Turns out, we couldn't have asked for a better guy.  Skip came in full of smiles, which set us completely at ease.  He was friendly and warm and worked so well alongside his wife, who was his assistant.  Together they captured the posed moments as well as the candid ones and when it was all done - for a very reasonable price - we walked away with an album full of wonderful memories (and all the photo negatives too!)


Thirteen years later I still think he was the perfect choice.  (Skip, that is... though the husband worked out well too!)  And I am saddened to hear of his passing.  But it got me thinking.  Now that Skip is no longer with us... I'm so glad I have all of my photo negatives.  Do you have yours?  Are you counting on your photographer to save them forever for you?  
 What would you do if your photographer was gone?
When I complete a collection for a client - I often suggest they purchase the photo CD.  Not because it's an easy way for me to make a few dollars... but because there are just some memories you'll want to have access to forever.  
My advice?  Spend the extra few dollars.  It will mean the security of knowing that no matter what - your precious memories are protected - isn't that why we have the photos taken in the first place?



No comments:

Post a Comment