July 18, 2010

What a phone call can lead to...

I'm still amazed by the families that contact me. From out of the blue you pick up the phone or send me an email and then... we're friends! Planning your photo session, "what do you think of this park... what do you think we should wear?"... the back and forth and natural progression that happens when two people are working together to create something memorable. I'm always a little nervous arriving at our chosen location. "What if the light's too harsh... what if my camera jams up?" is playing in my thoughts.... but then I see you and your family approaching with big smiles on your faces and my heart does a little jump for joy. This is the moment I've been waiting for. The moment I get to put a face to a personality I've already grown to admire.
The following is a photo session that too - began with a simple phone call. For weeks we thoughtfully planned the event and when it arrived, like other photo shoots, it was hard work completely masked by delight and happiness. Three generations together on a beautiful day, Andrea, thank you for picking up the phone.












1 comment:

  1. What a delight to find us here! Too cool. Even before I saw the pictures, I thought to myself, "I wonder if she is writing about us?". Then the adorable picture of my niece confirmed it! Funny how life can work. Amazing how many times the universe has just aligned everything to make a moment just "happen". Jack came to us that way as well as my best friend. And, now you, Carol. Thanks for being a part of our day, documenting a moment in time for our growing family, and becoming a friend. I knew you were the photographer for us when I first spoke to you on the phone. I appreciated your honesty, flexibility, openness, and gift for capturing beautiful moments. Thanks so much for EVERYTHING! And anyone reading this...Carol is a great photographer, but more importantly, a great person. You will love her work and will be lucky to have her capture your special day!

    ReplyDelete