July 19, 2010

Spunk and Smiles

I could see it in her eyes. A five year old with plans for the day that didn't really include sitting still for a photographer. She was willing to sit and smile, sit and smile... for a while. Even her little sister was willing to play the game - for a bit. And then these girls put me to work. We spun around in circles, we peek-a-boo'd behind trees, even ducked under her father's shirt tails. But it was worth it. A series of photos that not only captured pretty girls in lovely dresses, but the spunk behind their smiles. These are the photographs I treasure. The ones that highlight what children are really like... these are the ones I enlarge and frame and put on the walls of my home. So I can always seen in their eyes, all the wonder that is childhood.











No comments:

Post a Comment